The business ambition of C2NET project is:
- To develop a new approach for facilitating collaborative demand, production and delivery plans along the supply network.
- To provide new tools for supporting the supply network optimization of manufacturing and logistic assets.
- To securely store relevant information from supply network partners in public cloud, community cloud or private cloud, ensuring data security and provide the ability of data sharing and data analytics.
- To support decision-makers with intuitive UIs that display in real-time the right data at the right time, built in advanced apps for mobile devices for selective management functionalities across the supply network.
The technological ambition of C2NET project is:
- Design an advanced scalable real-time Cloud Architecture for supporting Collaborative Manufacturing Networks.
- Design a modular architecture for interoperability of intra plant and extra plant processes in conjunction with mobile, collaborative tools for data sharing, data analytics and knowledge-based systems, at factory and at supply network level.
- Interoperability between legacy systems of the supply network partners and C2NET tools.
- Consistency between digital, social and process data knowledge sharing (interoperability by semantics and enterprise ontologies).
- Advanced optimization and simulation algorithms for different product and processes scenarios.
- IoT-based continuous data collection from supply network resources.
- Guaranteeing data security of the supply network.
The results of the C2NET project will mainly apply to both large enterprises and SMEs in Industry and Non-financial services, as: Food and Beverages, Textiles and Clothing, Wood and Paper, Chemicals, Metal and Metal Products, Machinery and Equipment, Furniture, and in Assembly and Packaging services. Around one in ten (9.8 %) of all enterprises in the EU-27's non-financial business economy were classified as manufacturing in 2009, a total of 2 million enterprises. The manufacturing sector employed 31 million persons in 2009, generated EUR 5,812 billion of turnover and EUR 1,400 billion of value added. The sectors' turnover grew from 2009 to 2010 by EUR 600 billion, up to EUR 6,400 billion. By these measures, manufacturing was the second largest of the NACE sections within the EU-27's non-financial business economy in terms of its contribution to employment (22.8 %) and the largest contributor to non-financial business economy value added, accounting for one quarter (25.0 %) of the total.It is likely that adopters of C2NET will gain competitive advantages through the visibility and control that it provides. C2NET is focused on ease of deployment and exploitation, based on industry standards for collecting businesses environment events. This is an important enabling factor for adopting the results of project. C2NET will push the boundaries of SME's performances and productivity due to the evolved scientific methods that are to be deployed for its Optimization feature, in comprehensive and easy to use manner. C2NET process Simulation tools are intended to bridge the assessed state of business environment and processes to any of systems possible future states. This feature brings speed and accuracy in decisions and in SME's evolution in the market. C2NET glues together these important poles of Enterprise. It achieves this in by deploying cutting edge scientific methods, following the legacy constraints of industrial interfacing standards. The result is a new and objective point of view over the Enterprise and its dynamics. According to today's stream in Information Technology, C2NET virtualizes the system state and provides the tools for modelling systems reaction and evolution.