- The following terms and conditions ("Terms") apply to the use of the C2NET website ("Website") by you acting as visiting and browsing the Website (hereinafter a "Visitor").
- Please read these Terms carefully as they govern your use of the Website. By accessing the Website (by any means or device), you agree that you have read, understood and agreed to these Terms (which can be amended from time to time) in full. If you disagree to these Terms, you shall stop using the Website.
- This project has received funding from the European Union's Competitiveness and Innovation framework Programme Horizon 2020, under grant agreement no 636909.
- The European Commission cannot be held responsible for any use of the information contained on the Website.
In these Terms, the following words with capital letter, shall have the meaning defined hereunder: has the meaning ascribed to it in paragraph 3.1 hereunder
"Conditions of Acceptable Use" has the meaning ascribed to it in paragraph 2.2 hereunder;
"Linked Sites" has the meaning ascribed to it in paragraph 8.1 hereunder;
"Permitted Content" means any document, data or other material which can be used or downloaded from the Website, and which has been made available by C2NET;
"Terms" has the meaning ascribed to it in paragraph A of the preamble hereof;
"we", "us", "our" or "C2NET" refers to the C2NET Consortium, duly represented by its coordinator:
ATOS IT Solutions and Services SRO
85101 Bratislava, Slovakia
"Visitor" has the meaning ascribed to it in paragraph A of the preamble hereof;
"Website" has the meaning ascribed to it in paragraph A of the preamble hereof;
"you", or "your", refer to you acting either as a Visitor.
2. USE OF THE WEBSITE
- By using this Website, you agree to comply with these Terms and all applicable local, national and international laws, rules and regulations.
- Your use and access of this Website is subject to the following conditions ("Conditions of Acceptable Use"), and you agree that your failure to comply with any one of these Conditions of Acceptable Use will constitute a breach of these Terms by you:
- you agree not to use and/or post content that defames, harasses or threatens any person;
- you agree not to use content that refers to illegal activities with the intent to commit such activities, or encourages others to commit such activities;
- you agree not to use content that infringes or misappropriates another's intellectual property rights, including, but not limited to, copyrights, trademarks or trade secrets;
- you agree not to use content that you do not have the right to disclose under contractual confidentiality obligations or fiduciary duties;
- you agree not to use material that contains obscene (i.e., pornographic) language or images;
- you agree not to use the Website for advertising, promotional materials, or any form of commercial solicitation;
- you agree not to use content that otherwise harms us other Visitors;
- you agree not to use content that is unlawful or that violates any applicable local, state, national or international law;
- you agree not to use content that probes, scans, or tests the vulnerability of any system or network;
- you agree not to use content that breaches or otherwise circumvents any security measures;
- you agree not to use content that interferes with, or disrupts, any user, host, or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing any other user or part of the Website;
- you agree not to use content that plants malware or otherwise uses the Website to distribute malware;
- you agree not to conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to this website without C2NET's express written consent; and
- you agree to not use this Website for any purposes related to marketing without C2NET's express written consent.
3. REGISTRATION AND ACCOUNTS
- Any Visitor can view the Website but, in order to participate, you must register for a personal account on the Website (an "Account") by providing your real name, and email address and password. You agree that you will not share or give access to your Account with any third party for any reason.
- You agree to provide accurate, current and complete information in relation to your Account, and maintain it as such, at any time.
- You acknowledge that if any information provided by you in relation to your Account is misleading, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we reserve the right to block, suspend or terminate your access and use to the Website.
4. DATA PRIVACY
- In setting up your Account, you may be asked to provide additional information, for example, your gender, date of birth and location, which qualifies as personal data.
- Your personal data will be treated with absolute confidence, used exclusively for answering your requests and not passed to third parties without your authorization. By using the site, you agree with such processing and transfer.
- Moreover during your visit of this website, metadata may be registered for the sole purpose of automatically generating anonymous and aggregated statistics about the use of the site (e.g. the geographical use and the indication of the number of one time and returning users). The data collected and processed may include your IP number. Unless you would use proxies or other obfuscation tools, this information will be automatically provided when connecting to the Website. Such data will not be transferred to third parties except as needed for processing for the fore mentioned statistical purposes. By using the site, you agree with such processing and transfer.
- All data will be processed according to the standards set out in the EU Data Protection Directive (95/46/EC).
5. LICENSE TO USE
- With your compliance with these Terms, we grant you a fully revocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non sublicensable limited right and licence to access, internally use and display the Website as an individual only at your location solely as necessary to browse the information contained therein, or download Permitted Content from the Website, as authorized under these Terms.
- You agree to abide by all copyright notices or restrictions contained on the Website. You may not delete any attributions, legal or proprietary notices on the Website.
- Unless otherwise stated, C2NET, taken as a consortium, or any of its members, owns the intellectual property rights in the Website and the material hosted in the Website. All these intellectual property rights are reserved and only licensed to you in accordance with these Terms, as the case may be.
- You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of the C2NET consortium or any of its members without the express written consent of C2NET or the concerned member, as the case may be.
6. USE OF YOUR DATA AND CONTENT FOR RESEARCH
- C2NET may analyze Visitor's activity and content both for academic purposes, and in order to provide better and adjusted services via the Website.
- You agree to let us conduct research studies and report on this in academic publications, that include anonymous data about Website interaction and which may include any content you would provide therein.
7. COPYRIGHT POLICY
- Any content that is included in the Website that infringes the intellectual property rights of any third party will be removed from the Website as soon as such infringement is made aware to us.
- If you are the owner of intellectual property rights, or are authorized to act on behalf of an owner please write a notice email to: email@example.com with the following information:
- a statement describing what you have found on the Website that represents an infringement of intellectual property rights;
- the country where your intellectual property rights are applicable;
- the title of the content concerned and the full URL for access to that content;
- a statement that explains how the content infringes your intellectual property rights;
- your contact information (mailing address, telephone number and email);
- a statement that the information contained in the notice is accurate and that you are the owner of the intellectual property rights or have an exclusive right in law; and
- your signature (electronic or physical).
- If accepted, C2NET will remove the infringed material or access to it will be blocked.
8. LINKING TO OTHER SITES
- The Website may contain links to other pages or other websites ("Linked Sites"), and those Linked Sites may contain content or offer products and/or services for sale.
- We do not author, edit, control or monitor these Linked Sites. You agree that:
- we have no responsibility towards these Linked Sites, and
- we do not control or endorse such Linked Sites.
- We may remove any links to Linked Sites on the Website at any time for any reason.
- We are not liable for any transactions conducted between you and any Linked Site.
You agree to indemnify C2NET, taken as a consortium, or any of its members and undertake to keep C2NET, taken as a consortium, or any of its members, harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, expenses and damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs, made by any third party relating to or arising out of:
- your use or attempted use of the Website in violation of the Terms;
- your violation of any law or rights of any third party, or
- information that you post or otherwise make available on the Website, including without limitation any claim of infringement or misappropriation of intellectual property or other proprietary rights.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
- C2NET exercises great care with respect to the reliability and accuracy of the information and services that is offered through the Website. However, you acknowledge and agree that C2NET, taken as a consortium, or any of its members disclaim any and all liability for damages, whether direct or indirect and whether in contract, tort, or otherwise, resulting from the content of the information that is offered in the Website or the consequences arising from the use thereof. No rights may be derived from the information as it is rendered online and from (the use of) any services and advice offered, whether or not in exchange for payment. C2NET does not guarantee the faultless operation or uninterrupted accessibility to the web, Website(s) or the services offered online. The information that is provided can be changed at any time without prior notification. In no event shall C2NET, taken as a consortium, or any of its members be liable to you or any of you affiliates for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or exemplary damages, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages and even if an agreed remedy fails of its essential purpose or is held unenforceable for any other reason
- We provide the Permitted Content on the Website with no warranty or representation that their content is accurate, complete or up-to-date or that they will meet neither your requirements. We make no warranty or representation that the Website does not infringe the rights of any third party. We accept no responsibility or liability for your use of the Permitted Content on the Website and your use is entirely at your own risk. While we take reasonable precautions to prevent the existence of computer viruses and/or other malicious programs on the Website, we accept no liability therefor. We do not warrant that any defect in the Website will be corrected.
11. RIGHT TO MODIFICATION OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- We reserve the right to change or modify the Terms at our sole discretion at any time. Any change or modification to the Terms will be effective immediately upon posting by C2NET.
- For any material changes to the Terms, we shall tray and take reasonable steps to notify you of such changes or publish information in the Website. In all cases, your continued use of the Website and its Permitted Content after publication of such modifications, with or without notification, constitutes binding acceptance of these modified Terms.
12. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
- These Terms and the relationship between you and us are governed by EU law to the maximum extent, and by the laws of Belgium.
- Any dispute related to, or in connection with, these Terms, shall be referred to the Courts of Brussels.
If you have any questions about these Terms or wish to contact us for any reason please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org